Calling all Members for Input!
Dear WAMEA members:
Your president and directors/associates are looking for ideas and input on what direction our organization should take. When I ask AMES to join WAMEA, the usual response I get back is “what’s in it for me?” For some, the annual symposium, magazines and web sites to the other associations is enough; however for some it is not.
Power in membership is one of the issues that keeps resurfaces and it makes sense:
- Do we want representation in controlling our licencing?
- Representatives looking out to protect the T/C license standard?
- Do we want to be a part of a National Association?
- Do we want to be part of an International Association?
To exist, let alone move ahead as the professionals that we are, our association needs to drive our membership up.
How can we make WAMEA more attractive to the AME / companies who seek our skills and knowledge base?
Some ideas are:
- Offer a live online training/certificate tracking database that you would be able to update and track your regulatory requirements and skills knowledge.
- Offer a database for members to advertise their skill-set to seek potential opportunities.
- Offer mentorship to the AME and AME-in-training seeking advice in new areas of their skill-set.
- Offer Insurance (life, health and contractor liability).
As the diverse professionals that you are, you may have the answers the WAMEA needs in data base knowledge, training, mentorship etc.
Please make it your goal to help move the WAMEA into your hands!
Thanks, your association representatives.