Zoltan M. Zubko
Resume RR.4, LCD 1, Red Deer, Alberta, T4N 5E4
Home: 403-347-4458 Mobile: 403-877- 4458
I am a 40 year veteran in aircraft maintenance and quality assurance. My aircraft business experience includes charter operations, scheduled freight, crop spraying and forest fire control. My hands on AME experience includes engine repair (both piston & turbine), sheet metal work, fuel tank maintenance, fabric covering, propeller, hydraulics, etc.
I enjoy the aviation industry and am a strong advocate in building and maintaining a safe and productive company culture for success. With my experience, contacts and Transport Canada reputation I feel I can add significant value to a team cultured business.
Presently I am a director on Western Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Association.
I am an advocate and practitioner of life-long learning, both formal and on the job, and believe that the strongest teams include both. My ideal is to see the union of technology with smart business practices.
Licenses, Certificates & Training:
• Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License M1 & M2
• On the job training With DTI audit corrective action planning and execution.2013
• WAME Symposiums 2002 to 2012
• ACA on Cessna 310 & 340, Commander 690, Douglas A-26, Canadair CL-215, Lockheed L-188, PA-31,SA227,PC-6
• Trades Evaluator - Canadian Aviation Maintenance Council (CAMC) - 2010
• Fire Watch Level 1 - HSE - 2010
• Canadian Aviation SMS - Dueck Aviation - 2010
• Incident &Accident Investigation Course - Safety Excellence - 2007
• Lift Truck Safety - 2007
• Aircraft Structures Course Evaluator for Northern Alberta Institute of Technology - 2006
• CAR’s Update - Airworthiness Resources Corporation - 2005
• Advanced Leadership Development - The Banff Academy for Business - 2005
• WHMIS - 2006
• Human Performance in Aviation - SMC Safety Consulting - 2005
• CAR’s for Operators & Maintainers - Dueck Aviation - 2003
• Transport Canada Human Performance in Aviation - Fred Johnson - 2002
• Meteroliner SA227 course – 2000
• Aero Products A6441FN-606 Propeller Systems course - 1998
• Allied Signal TPE331 Line Maintenance course - 1997
• Standard Aero Allison 501D13 Engine course - 1996
• Private Pilot’s License – 1992
2011-Present Air Tindi Ltd.
Started as an AME and was moved into Q.A. Office on first rotation to assist the department, as Q.A. Manager was retiring. Have been working with new manager updating and refining systems and Q.C. practices
2011 Aug.-Oct. Alberta Fuel Distributors
I signed on with the company as an AME to maintain a IAI Westwind 1124, PA-31 Panther Navajo, 2 Cessna C-185’s. I enjoyed the work however the daily commuting was taxing, time wise and financially.
2001 to 2011 Air Spray Ltd., Red Deer Alberta
I was recruited back to Air Spray as the Quality Assurance Manager tasked with designing and building a Quality Assurance System after a National Audit determined the existing system was inadequate. I was invited to the Operations Business Management Team in 2008. My team achievements included:
• Re-wrote the certified MCM and MPM
• Designed and wrote the QA Manual
• Designed and wrote Engine Overhaul Shop Manual and certified it with TC
• Designed and wrote Component Shop Manual and certified it with TC
• Designed and wrote Welding Shop Manual and certified it with TC
• Implemented a tool calibration system
• Actively sought buyers and sold surplus aircraft & parts
• Successfully advocated for expansion into the aircraft charter business
• Successfully advocated for expansion into the 3rd party aircraft maintenance business
• Successfully advocated for the implementation of an AME apprentice program
• Successfully applied to TC for an Alternative Method of Compliance (AMOC) to an Airworthiness Directives.
• Successfully obtained a TC ferry flight authority
• Assembled eight aircraft Certificate of Airworthiness import packages and two export packages.
• Worked with WinAir Maintenance and parts tracking system.
2000 to 2001 North American Airlines, Calgary Alberta
I was hired as Supervisor for a Line Maintenance Crew of five personnel maintaining four PA-31’s, three Meteroliners SA227, one Falcon 20, one Beach 350.
1999 to 2000 BeauDel Air, Inuvik NT
I was hired as the Director of Maintenance and worked as an AME with the incentive opportunity to purchase an ownership interest in this northern company. We operated and maintained a Cessna 206, a Piper PA-31 and a Pilatus PC-6. In the fall of 2000 I decided not to invest in this business and left to pursue other opportunities. My achievements included:
• Worked with Lupton Consulting to write the MPM and MCM
• Organized a system for stores & quarantine stores management
• Organized a system for maintaining training records
• Designed and wrote the Fueling Manual
• Started the design of an internal audit system
• Leased a C-208 and built a partnership relationship with a southern operator
1988 to 1999 Air Spray Ltd., Red Deer Alberta
I was hired as an AME by Air Spray which operates forest fire water bombers across Western Canada and into the north. During this period I held positions of increasing responsibility including Summer Lead Hand and Hangar Safely Man. I was trained and certified to work on all aircraft in the fleet including: Cessna 310, 340 & Aero Star 600 & 601; Commander 690; Douglas A/B-26; Canadair CL-215 and Lockheed L-188.
1984 to 1988 Was owner operator partner of a small businesses in Penticton, BC - Pioneer Salvage as well as did part time maintenance work for Shaffer Aero, also in Penticton BC.
1981 to 1984 High River Aviation, High River Alberta - Maintenance of Grumman, Piper & Cessna aircraft
1974 to 1981 Aklavik Flying Service, Aklavik NT - Maintenance of deHaviland, Aero Star and Cessna aircraft
|AME Licence||20+ years||Type Training Certifications||Yes|
RED DEER, Alberta