WAMEA UPDATE 2020 Airworthiness Symposium & Trade Show - Call for Abstracts
The Board of Directors and Planning Committee are now inviting presentations for the WAMEA UPDATE 2020 Airworthiness Symposium & Trade Show in Calgary, AB, March 19 - 20, 2020. We are looking forward to this unique opportunity to assemble, network, and learn. We welcome abstracts for issues related to aircraft maintenance professionals, organizations, and operators. As a key participant in keeping aircraft safe and protecting the flying public, it is important that we stand united and have our voices heard. All abstracts must be submitted through the online form below by February 14, 2020, (extended) at link available below on this page.
Please carefully review the information provided on this page before submitting your abstract. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimers & Eligibility
Technical Review Criteria
All abstracts submitted will be peer-reviewed by a Technical Review Subcommittee that may consist of members of the Planning Committee and volunteer industry subject matter experts. Each abstract will be reviewed by at least three individuals that are considered competent and experienced in their specialization (area of practice) based on the following criteria (each out of 5; with 5 being the highest):
- Relevance to the Symposium: Material presented in abstracts must be concise and coherent, with the focus of the abstract and its relevance to the Symposium
- State of Completion: The abstract must show substantial results indicating that the work has been, or is nearly completed
- Importance to Industry Practice: Is the material applicable and relevant to the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers practice
- Originality: Is the material presented novel and interesting? Is it innovative, will it be well attended?
- Quality: The quality of an abstract will be considered indicative of the quality of the final presentation by the reviewers
Authors should prepare their abstracts with care, assuring that the reader will understand the background of the issue(s) and the objectives of the presentation.
Abstracts will be assigned a rating of "accepted", "wait-listed", or "not accepted" by the Planning Committee based on ratings, comments, and overall program balance.
The intent of WAMEA UPDATE 2020 Airworthiness Symposium & Trade Show is to provide our members and industry practitioners with quality technical presentations which are free from commercial influence or bias. WAMEA prohibits presentations that constitute promotion and/or advertising. Presentations that deal exclusively with a program, publication or product will not be accepted by the Planning Committee or Technical Review Subcommittee.
Notifications & Symposium Attendance
Review of abstracts will take 1 to 2 weeks from the abstract submission deadline. The Planning Committee will aim to communicate abstract selections by February 28, 2020. Results will be announced via email by a member of the Board of Directors and/or Planning Committee.
By submitting your abstract, you are agreeing that you will be available to present during the WAMEA UPDATE 2020 Airworthiness Symposium & Trade Show, March 19 - 20, 2020, and if selected to present, please confirm your availability as a presenting delegate to attend the conference (presenting delegate registration is complimentary).
Please do not submit an abstract unless you are committed to attending the Symposium. Cancellations impose a serious burden and negatively impact the overall quality of the conference program. If extenuating circumstances force you to cancel your participation and you are unable to find a co-author or colleague to give your presentation on your behalf, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible at so we can update the program accordingly.
All presenters will be required to confirm attendance to the conference by March 6, 2020. Presenters who do not confirm attendance by this date will not be included in the conference program. We will issue acceptance notices for February 28, 2020.
All presentations will be oral format that is within a 60-minute time block. Presentations are required to be 50 minutes in length allowing for 5 minutes of Q&A and 5 minutes for delegates to transition between rooms.
By submitting your abstract, you are granting WAMEA permission to publish and promote your submission through all media formats including USB sticks and archiving. WAMEA will not own the material and the material will remain the property of the individual submitter. WAMEA will not publish presentations without the author's written approval. By checking the box below, you are providing approval for WAMEA to publish a copy of your presentation on the WAMEA website after the Symposium. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Presenter / Co-Presenter Accommodations
WAMEA will hold (at request) a hotel room (Wednesday and Thursday Night) for all successful Presenters and Co-Presenters. WAMEA does not cover the cost of the rooms. Selected Presenters / Co-Presenters must call the hotel to complete the reservation. Rooms not reserved by March 6, 2020 will be released to the general public. Please indicate below if a standard room reservation is required.
Preparing Your Abstract Submission
Please take note of the following guidelines as you prepare your abstract:
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Presenter and/or Co-Presenter Biography will be limited to a maximum of 350 characters; for inclusion in the published program;
- Abstracts will be limited to a maximum of 1000 characters; for inclusion in the published program. They should clearly present a concise statement of the topic or issue to be discussed, the question or objective underlying the work that will be presented, and a summary of methods, key findings, and conclusions;
- All authors named in the abstract should be listed in the order you would like them to appear in the Symposium program.